2010年12月15日水曜日

mexico

i met a really cool guy(old man) in Cancun.
btw i am in mexico now. on my way to cuba. waiting for my dear prince(ss) Celine to come to pick me up and head to Cuba.
I am staying here for five days.

I stayed in a hotel. an expensive one 50USD(i dont know why i booked this hotel.usually we can get a dorm for 10USD) and I was regretting so much...
but it turned to be all right because I got to meet him.

He is a Danish, working in Cuba for 15 years as a guide.
Intelligent, humorous was my impression of his.
He looks something around 75... although he didnt tell me his age.
When i was having breakfast in town, i met him coincidently and he spoke to me because he remembered me from the hotel.
he needed to get out of Cuba every two month because of the Visa. but he lives there, and has many girlfriends:)
Although he is old, he was a symbol of FREEDOM for me. he experienced starting up many jobs, lived in many places, etc..
(I know i shouldnt trust ppl so easily but we had drink together and i am still alive so he seems okay.)
he gave me tips about how to travel cancun and mexico, which i am following now. What I like about him is that he hates "touristic place" like me.
life is intereting. was my kanso after talking to him. do what you want and you get what you want.
difficult to explain much about him though.. he was like a fairy-father, (dont know such thing exsists)

i feel clearly that the american environment made me much open to people i meet: the way i react to strangers speaking to me.
also, i have more chance to speak to people in this tri`p, and also be spoken by people.
never had this experience before, since i never traveled alone.

glad i had chance to talk to him. wouldnt have had it if i went clubbing with a cute Latino, which i turned down zannnennnagara...


my days in Cancun...
day 1
arrive sleep like dead
day 2
meet the danish man
go to the famous shore of cancun. cold. met a latino. played volleyball. end of relationship.
go to salsa club. was closed. (monday...) talk to a nice guy from a tourist company, he gave me some tips for traveling too.
back to hostel (female dorm. room for 8 was only for me. what a off season)
meet the danish man again and go drinking.
day 3
travel south of Cancun to a mayan ruin called Tulum. (not very nice)
i am now in a youth hostel in a place called Playa del Carmen
going to eat now and hopefully find a salsa bar..

All the places around here, there is beautiful ocean.
but the places are ALL TOURISTIC. It is fake. I dont know why people gather here.

Last year, when I came to Mexico with my grandmom, we stayed in a place called Merida, which is about 3hours from Cancun.
That was a great choice. There was intact mexico. (She surely knows how to travel! )

tomorow, i am going back to cancun and going to "Isla M....." forget,, Island of Women.
Hope it is sunny.

4 件のコメント:

  1. are you on holiday?

    i dont think you'll get what you want if you do what you want.
    you always have to strive to achieve what you want, so it's not like you're doing what you want, is it?

    ちなみにwhy are your all sentences so short?

    good to know you're well.
    ai

    返信削除
  2. はらはた~~2010年12月16日 18:01

    cancunって知らなかったけど、スゴイ観光地みたいだね!
    冬はどんな感じなんだろう?写真みたいな!!
    そして、イケメンおじいさん羨ましい!!
    俺もそんな出会いをしてみたいわぁ~
    楽しい休日を~!

    返信削除
  3. ai
    yup! school finished finally... kind of sad ><

    i think so too dayo!


    ryo-chan
    when i come back from cuba, i will upload them on facebook! do you have any photo from mitasai? i want to see them too!!

    返信削除
  4. はらはた~~2010年12月22日 21:48

    三田祭の写真は全然持ってないよ~
    倉地さんが撮ってたような・・・

    返信削除